top of page

Uninsured Motorists

You or your family has just been in a car accident. The person who hit you has no insurance.

What do we do now?


FIRST, examine your own auto policy or consult with an attorney. You may have Underinsured Motorist (UIM) coverage as part of your own auto policy.

Underinsured Motorist (UIM) covers you, members of your household, and other people riding in your car against damages caused by an uninsured or underinsured motorist.

But I wasn’t in my car when I got hurt. What can I do?

Underinsured Motorist (UIM) coverage also covers you or members of your household who were injured by an uninsured/underinsured motorist while you were a pedestrian or riding a bicycle.


SECOND, don’t try to settle your case on your own.


  • In underinsured motorist claims the law allows your own insurance company to defend your claim against you. Your insurance company “stands in the shoes” of the uninsured driver.

  • Insurance adjusters are trained and evaluated on the basis of how cheaply they settle claims.

  • You probably won’t know what fair compensation is in your case.

  • You may not know which health care providers need to be repaid, and if so, how much?

  • In most cases of significant injury an experienced attorney will help you receive more money than will be offered in settlement by an insurance adjuster, even after attorney’s fees and costs are paid.

But I don’t have any money to hire an attorney. What can I do?

Answer: We will evaluate your case with no charge to you. If we believe we can help you, we will represent you on a contingent fee basis. A contingent fee is one where we will charge you a percentage of what we recover for you, ONLY IF AND WHEN WE ARE SUCCESSFUL.

But I don’t want to sue anyone. Can I still make a claim?

Answer: Yes. Most cases can be settled without a trial.

We have helped many families through the often confusing aftermath of an auto accident. We know the law. We know how to get your medical bills paid. We know how to prove the monetary value of your other losses, such as scarring, disfigurement, pain and suffering, etc.


Call us today at (425) 451-8333 to speak with our Bellevue, WA uninsured motorists injury attorney. We offer Free Case Evaluation to new cases.

© 2018 by William J. Carlson, Inc., P.S. All rights reserved.

bottom of page